Having been a musician the past 15 years of my life i am sure some people might wonder why out of all the hobbies in the world did i choose sewing.
The thing is i am too sure i choose sewing, its actually weird saying this but sewing choose me 🙂
It all started out as a hobby, i decided to leave work to be able to spend time with my girls as opposed to arriving home at 7pm and just in time to tuck them into bed.
Thoes who know me personally know that i am not the type of person to sit at home and watch tv all day long (i admit i might do it for a day or two and soon get bored). I needed something new, something challenging, something that could turn into a passion. My ultimate goal was to find something i love and just maybe be able to make a living out of it.
Well after all that here are 10 reasons why i love sewing
- Its wonderful to be home with the girls and be able to do something i enjoy
- Its fun, one can make soooooo many things (bags, clothes, pillows, curtains the list is endless.)
- It gives me a sense of accomplishment that i made something out of nothing
- I can sew cute outfits for my girls
- I never knew sewing could be so relaxing, its my stress reliever
- Time flies when i sew, i could sit for hours!
- I love the fact that i will be able to teach my daughters how to sew (if they want to learn that is)
- I can sew my own clothes *yay* no more odd length sleeves
- I can make gifts instead of buying them
- I always knew that i wanted to run my own business doing something i enjoy and has made this possible.
I could add more to the list but didnt want to bore you, the above sums it all up. Hope you this makes you understand why i am a sewing addict 🙂