I know that when i really put my self into anything i will perfect it. I was previously a muscian, a violinist actually i started at the age of 8 and did that for 16 years! So i know that “practice makes perfect” and that “close enough is not good enough” and these are things i belive will help me when i am sewing!
Out of all the things in the world, why choose sewing? well, why not?
Sewing is one of thoes things that i feel i should have learned at a young age. My poor mum did try but i didnt see the use of it at the time! (i know, what was i thinking?!)
We always had a sewing machine in the house, i remember our housemaid at the time used to make my home dresses. My mum and her sisters sew, knit, and cross stich and just the other day mummy made my girls H and D thier sweaters and jumpers for winter!
I didnt realise at the time but sewing is so handy, you can sew almost anything, from dresses, to pillows, to curtains, baby clothes, bags, clothes i mean the list is endless.
But here are the main reasons i want to learn sewing
- to be able to hem our curatins at home
- to make curatins for my craft room from the IKEA fabric i bought
- i want to sew my girls dresses
- i want to make my own hand bags, i looooovvveee bags how kewl would it be to make my own!
- I would love to be able to make my own clothes, i am quite tall and blouses never fit me right, the long sleeves are always too short!
Sewing is a world in itself, so many women and men have mastered the art of sewing and reading blogs of women who sew and seeing the things the make inspires me to do the same.